Welcome to Showmanship-Patterns

The blog with patterns to practice showmanship with! These patterns may not be used for publishing or resale, however feel free to copy them for your own personal use!
I'll post my findings on these as we practice them ourselves! Happy practicing and we'll see you in the show pen!

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Congress Amateur Select Pattern


Findings:
  • Be ready for the judge between the cones, have your horse's nose centered on cone 2.
  • Trot straight away and stop with your horse's nose at cone 2, allowing yourself enough room to perform the 180.
  • Walk around cone 3 and IN LINE with the judge when you stop. Your horse's nose should be even with cone 3 when you stop.
  • Back a 1/4 circle, stopping with your horse's nose even with cone 3.
  • FOLLOWING your back tracks (so you should be trotting on the same steps you backed,)trot around cone 3 and to the judge, stopping with enough room to perform your 270 at the end of the pattern.
  • Upon dismissal, perform a 270, give a courtesy look and trot away.

1 comment:

Dartanion said...

That is one heck of a pattern! my friend wants to go to congress this year and I am hoping to tag along! My horse and I are slowly getting better at showmanship and I love coming here and reading up on way to improve. Can I actually ask you a question?? when ever I pivot my horse he seems to 'bow' around me by moving his neck away a little and not staying straight. I have had people tell me he is dropping his shoulder but how do I get him to pick it up then?