Welcome to Showmanship-Patterns

The blog with patterns to practice showmanship with! These patterns may not be used for publishing or resale, however feel free to copy them for your own personal use!
I'll post my findings on these as we practice them ourselves! Happy practicing and we'll see you in the show pen!

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Stopping in front of the judge

I actually had a seasoned showmanshipper tell me the other day she never knew how close she should stop before the judge.

One and a half arm length's away.

You need that much space to do your inspection without bumping into the judge, and if you need to do a spin after inspection, that gives you plenty of room also!

TIP What happens if I midjudge it and accidentally get too close?
Easy enough, back into your setup, that'll give you the space you need later in your pattern, you may get a few points taken off for stopping too close, but if you're smart and back your horse into it's setup the judge my overlook that slight error.

And as always, remember to smile at the judge...make it look like you're having fun!

No comments: