Welcome to Showmanship-Patterns

The blog with patterns to practice showmanship with! These patterns may not be used for publishing or resale, however feel free to copy them for your own personal use!
I'll post my findings on these as we practice them ourselves! Happy practicing and we'll see you in the show pen!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Why you should KEEP SHOWING after your mistake....

Ok, ok, I know it's be FOR.EVER since I've posted...consider that my business has been, well, busy... it's a good thing for me...but maybe not for my followers... anyway....
One of my students was showing this weekend, standing up at the first cone WAITING on the judge, but this pattern had her start by standing on the right side of her horse, what my student DIDN'T see was the HUGE HORSEFLY land on her horse's muzzle. She could tell the moment she started her pattern that her horse was not acting right (at this point she had no idea why he was acting weird), shaking his head, he was trying to swipe at the fly with his legs as he pivoted (though he never moved his pivot foot) and was shaking his head the entire way to the judge. The judge even commented she thought he might have a fly...my student...never losing her cool...just smiled and said "I have NO IDEA what came over him"...and continued on with her cross overs and never let her horse's action deter her from showing him... she finished the pattern and came out and saw a POOL OF BLOOD by his chin... OUCH! Poor Fellow! Her placing out of 12...2nd.... she kept her cool and earned herself a point. She told me afterwards that she kept hearing my voice "keep showing!"...and it paid off!
***ALWAYS KEEP SHOWING!*** let it be your new mantra!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Congratulations on your business booming! Thanks for the great tips as always!