Welcome to Showmanship-Patterns

The blog with patterns to practice showmanship with! These patterns may not be used for publishing or resale, however feel free to copy them for your own personal use!
I'll post my findings on these as we practice them ourselves! Happy practicing and we'll see you in the show pen!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pattern 44: Advanced

Findings:
This is the next level up from yesterdays pattern
  • Be ready at cone 1 and trot to cone 2, stopping at nose/shoulder, make sure your stop is quick and clean (your horse should stop with it's hind end), perform your 360
  • EXTEND your trot to cone 3, there should be NO QUESTION that this is a quicker, and more extended trot from your trot from cone 1 to cone 2...those that nail this are going to be impressive.
  • Perform your 90 (don't over or under pivot)..as yesterday I found most my clients over pivoted, which made their backs crooked!
  • Back straight and smoothly, stopping when your horse's hip is at the judge.
  • Perform a 270, again don't over or under pivot
  • Walk to judge and stop and setup for inspection
  • Since there is no directions after dimissal, perform a 90 and walk away.

1 comment:

Faye Murray said...

This is a fantastic pattern! I know you haven't posted in a while, but I'm still so glad I found your blog!